[seqfan] Re: it is now OK to submit new sequences!

Russ Cox rsc at swtch.com
Sun Nov 14 00:07:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM,  <ghodges14 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Some questions on the new submission procedure:
>
> 1) The past submission form had a feature where you could
> (actually, had to) see how things looked before you submitted;
> is there any equivalent to this now, or could there be one?

There is a link at the top of the page that says "hide guide text".
If you click that link, you should find that the page you are editing
is almost exactly how things will look.  The goal is to make it
unnecessary to have the preview option, because you're editing
the preview.  It is also fine to save changes and then keep editing
if that's how you want to work.  I plan to add a second copy of the
link to the bottom, next to the "Save Changes" button, so that it
is easier to notice.

> 2) How do we get line breaks -do the \Qs still work?

Just type enter.  The \Q were an artifact of the old submit
form and shouldn't be necessary anymore.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:23 PM,  <ghodges14 at comcast.net> wrote:
> P.S. It turns out that if you click, say, the link for omitting the
> first term of your sequence and looking it up in the OEIS, that
> erases anything you have entered in the form so far.
> This is different from the way the old submission form worked.
> Could a note be made of this on the new form?

Thanks for reporting this.  I changed the link (and all the others
that are linked from that page) so that it opens in a new window
or tab instead of taking you away from your edits.

Russ