[seqfan] Re: 10 different digits,

Moshe Levin moshe.levin at mail.ru
Tue Jan 3 20:27:21 CET 2012

Playing with "10 different digits"...

Use ten decimal digits each exactly once!

S1={153,162,180,189,207,216,234,243}
Numbers n such that n=a+b+c+d with 0<a<b<c<d
all five numbers together use 10 decimal digits each exactly once

E.g.,
6+20+48+79=153
5+30+48+79=162
2+34+65+79=180
Note that all numbers n are multiples of 9 (why?).

S2={90,108,126,135,153,162,180}

Numbers n such that n=a+b+c+d+e with 0<a<b<c<d+e
all six numbers together use 10 decimal digits each exactly once

E.g.,
4+5+16+27+38=90
2+4+6+37+59=108
4+5+8+30+79=126
Note that all numbers n are again multiples of 9 (why?).

Q No similar numbers n as sum of more summands?

HNY!,
ML