[seqfan] Re: Toothpicks in Z^n.

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Nov 22 12:36:26 CET 2013

The toothpick sequences are just one special case of a class of growing
automata. The most fundamental example of these is the rule that any
cell with exactly one neighbor on turns on, and once on it stays on.
This latter rule works for essentially any space.

While the toothpick sequences are very nice, I think people ought to
look at the simpler cases first.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters