[seqfan] Anyone else notice delays today?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 05:56:43 CET 2019

I don't know if it is my internet connection with Verizon, or delays on our
server, but all day (Wednesday) I have noticed huge delays, in doing
lookups, or saving edits.  By huge, I mean delays of 3 or more minutes,
long enough that my browser times out.

Russ tells me that the Russian web site Yandex has been pounding on us all
day, with queries that run for exactly 300 seconds. I don't know what they
are doing, and I don't know if this is causing the delays I'm seeing.