[OEIS-news] The troubles with the OEIS web site today (2009-11-06)

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 05:54:51 CET 2009

From: N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 02:31

Dear Sequence Fans and OEIS enthousiasts,  David Applegate provided
the following explanation for the troubles people
were having today.  Everything /should/ be fixed now!

But let me and Dave know if there are further problems.

Neil

Please reply to Neil Sloane <njas at research.att.com> for any comments

====================================

A new version of the AT&T Research web site
(http://www.research.att.com) was deployed yesterday.  This had some
unplanned consequences, including visibility of www2.research.att.com
and some DNS changes, and additional side effects, such as the search
problems.

The search problem was probably caused by an incorrect redirection
that's been fixed.

We are going to eliminate www2.research.att.com's visibility;
so you should continue to use
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences and ignore
the www2 that's showing up.

I'm not aware of any problems caused by the DNS changes, but if there
are any, they may take 24-48 hours to go away because DNS servers
cache results.