[seqfan] Introduction of Joe Crump (bis)

Olivier Gerard ogerard at ext.jussieu.fr
Fri Apr 3 04:38:22 CEST 1998

At 22:57 +0200 98.04.02, Joe Crump wrote:
> 	Btw: I'm considering buying MapleV5 for my PC,
> but it is expensive :(. Anyone have any suggestions for
> a good Math program for number theory investigation, that
> is the best product for the price?

You may also consider among commercial products  Mathematica v3.

And point out to William III that he does not pay you enough to pursue
your principal hobby.
Maple and Mathematica are expensive for an individual but they have
heavy development cycles and they are really powertools.

In the line of not really commercial products, there is the PARI-GP
engine, a most excellent product from Bordeaux.

Olivier