<none>

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Jun 13 18:43:50 CEST 1998

Report to sequence fans:
1. I modified the sequence web pages (though not yet the French versions)
to speed them up.  No one likes frames, so I didn't use them.

2. There's a new keyword, "obsc", for obscure.  I hope some sequence fan
will be able to figure these out and send me better descriptions
(e.g. A037159, 37160).

3. There are some excellent new sequences (besides the usual bunch of clunkers(*))
at the end of the Big Table, many of which need extending (e.g. 37171, 37181, 37195...,
37207, 37211 etc.).  Look for the keywords "more" and "nice".

4. Speaking of clunkers, most of the new sequences in the past year have
been nonmathematical (depending on base 10).  Other sources exist: take any
book on discrete mathematics or combinatorics and work though the problems.
Lots of journals in mathematics, physics, chemistry (European J. Combinatorics,
SIAM J. Discrete Math., Fib. Quart., J. Rec. Math., J. Math. Phys., J. Chem. Phys.,
J. Phys. Chem., J. Statist. Phys., etc.) are full of sequences.

5. I wll be occasionally away this summer, but all mail will be saved.
Let me know if you need a new block of sequence numbers.

NJAS

(*) Many of which I contributed myself, of course.