[seqfan] more on 3D walks on tetrahedral lattice

Wouter Meeussen eu000949 at pophost.eunet.be
Mon Jun 29 23:42:53 CEST 1998

hi,

during a few days travel, I had my PC work on a few more path enumerations:

define a closed loop on a tetrahedral lattice, given that is everywhere
self-avoiding.
(This precludes a figure-8 type topology).
The smallest such loop has a 'length' of six steps.
There are 6 such loops, of 6/3 = 2 different topologies.
The complete set of all such loops traverses 25 different 'legs' of the lattice.

Upto 16 steps, I got:

length           6    8    10    12     14      16
#loops           6   12   120   564   4074   25008
# legs          25   37   151   199    457    1865

Does anyone recognise a familiar pattern here?

would it be worthwile to include that in EIS?
If so, I'll be glad to format it.

wouter.
Dr. Wouter L. J. MEEUSSEN
w.meeussen.vdmcc at vandemoortele.be