Fwd: [SeqFan] Re: least number not present in table.

Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com
Sun May 17 05:41:53 CEST 1998

>> Patrick de Geest asked what is the smallest number not at present in any
sequence

>> the answer is 4775
>
>Well, I have to admit, this relatively low number 4775 amazed me.

This may be misleading.  It is quite possible that 4775 appears in a sequence
in the database, but the terms haven't been carried out far enough.

| Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com or @camcat.com |
| "We should regard the digital computer system as        |
| an instrument to assist the number theorist in          |
| investigating the properties of his universe -          |
| the natural numbers."  D. H. Lehmer, 1974 (paraphrased) |