[SEQFAN] Re: advice sought

Patrick De Geest Patrick.DeGeest at ping.be
Sun Aug 15 15:55:34 CEST 1999

"N. J. A. Sloane" wrote:

> I would like advice:  the database contains a number of duplicate
> sequences.  Example:
>
> %I A019505
> %S A019505 4,22,27,58,85,94,121,166,202,265,274,319,346,355,378,382,391,438
> %N A019505 Same as A006753.
> %O A019505 1,1
> %K A019505 dead
>
> Should I remove these completely, and recycle the A numbers?
> Or leave them in place in case someone somewhere has a link to them?
>
> NJAS

My personal advice is to recycle these A-numbers.
Maybe you can move these to a separate file so that they are
still consultable for those who have not updated the links yet.
A sort of worthy graveyard for these dead sequences that were
once perhaps as interesting as the 'living' ones...

--
           Patrick De Geest
        Patrick.DeGeest at ping.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping6758/index.shtml