EIS on-line is not working

Michael Somos somos at grail.cba.csuohio.edu
Tue Sep 7 22:09:51 CEST 1999

It is a sad day for sequence fans. The on-line EIS server is not finding
any sequences. Here is an example of the failure :

       Greetings from the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences!

   Lookup | A-number | Browse | Index | Word | Format | EIS | More | Home

Matches (up to a limit of 30) found for 1 2 :
[It will take a few minutes to search the table]

   I am sorry, but the terms
   1,2
   do not match anything in the table.

I hope that Neil can find out what is causing this failure and recover.
I hope he has good backups. I have my own little cache of sequences, but
it is no substitute for the real thing. Shalom, Michael