Maple6 and the EIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Apr 15 17:25:07 CEST 2000

They have issued a new version of Maple, Maple6, as usual without indicating
what has changed.

As a result some of my programs don't work properly (yet).

If you notice any strange behaviour, especially with superseeker,
please let me know.

I have one problem that maybe someone can help me with.

In Maple 5, lprint(something) gave
something

In Maple 6, it gives
`something`

I would like to find out how to fix this.  You might think that
nprintf("%s\n",something)
would work, but it does not, because inside a procedure lprint
always prints.  But inside a procedure only the LAST nprintf works.

If anyone can tell me how to fix this (to get lprint to work
without producing the quotes) please let me know.

 Neil J. A. Sloane, njas at research.att.com,
 AT&T Shannon Lab, 180 Park Ave, Room C233,
 Florham Park, NJ 07932-0971 USA.
 Home page: http://www.research.att.com/~njas/
 Office: (973) 360 8415; fax: (973) 360 8178; virtual office: (732) 828 6098