Maple and sequences.

Simon Plouffe plouffe at math.uqam.ca
Fri Jan 7 21:50:25 CET 2000

Hello,

 ABout having a large number of sequences on disk ,

as with Neil Sloane, i keep a copy of the EIS database
on disk and I use fgrep, look and Maple.

I have a copy of the file sorted in lexicographic order
that I search using 'look' , this is for retreiving a
sequence from a Annnnnn number, it is very fast since
it uses the binary search.

For converting the sequences from the plain vanilla
text file (Neil's own original file), I use a unix script
that transforms it into a  Maple ready file.

Simon Plouffe

--

Simon Plouffe
Professeur Associé           Associate Professor
plouffe at math.uqam.ca