A good introduction to combinatorics?

Antti Karttunen karttu at walrus.megabaud.fi
Wed Jan 19 00:02:39 CET 2000

Cher(e)s SeqFanatiques!

I think this is the right place to ask:
What is a good and extensive coverage about Combinatorial Analysis & Design/Generation?
Amazon Books lists quite many under the section "Combinatorics".

At least "Generatingfunctionology" by Herbert Wilf seems to be recommended
by Paul Zeitz in his "The Art and Craft of Problem Solving", by itself an excellent
book that has done a lot to help raise my skills from College-level maths
to at least beginning University level. (Here we learn mostly formalisms and
standard techniques, not necessarily about new ways to think).

Terveisin,
  Salut,
    Yours,

Antti