Problem with Queens and Pawns

Joe Crump joecr at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 1 17:29:15 CEST 2000

I like the 'mod n' approach!

I'll love the day when we have a big set of polynomials
in terms of pieces & their positions to get a 'best' move
to play. :)

But I suppose you could devote an entire database by itself
to 'Chess' sequences!

Sequences like these though, notwithstanding leading
to a better understanding of the pieces, could lead
to a simplified way of calculating values needed by
chess programs. E.g. instead of having to find the
legal moves, iterate them looking for captures, pins,
etc, it would be astounding to be able to do these types
of operations with some sort of polynomial operations
on the pieces & positions.