Let's remove a link.

Antti Karttunen karttu at megabaud.fi
Fri May 5 02:25:27 CEST 2000

Leonard Smiley wrote:

> seqfans:
>
> In entry A002375 (a relatively important one) , the second "link" field
> reads:
>
> 'A web site with a lot of information about this problem'
>
> If the link is followed, one finds a claim of an 11 page, discursive
> proof of the classical Goldbach conjecture. (!??!)
>
> http://web.singnet.com.sg/~huens/#item2

Note how he can solve the Goldbach Conjecture, but couldn't find a proof for this "conjecture"
(quoted from the same page):

  Late findings: Lately the author discovered that other than the integer of 4,
  the centre-values of twin prime pairs are always divisible by 6. The centre-value
  is defined as any composite integer sandwiched between a twin-prime pair. This
  is a conjecture which is still awaiting proof. Would you care to try?

By "centre-value" he thus means the average.
I already sent him two months ago an explanation (well, a proof) why it is so,
after which we had a very unfruitful discussion.

> I don't really think this enhances the value of the EIS .
>
> Agree? Disagree?

Well, one might change the text of link from
"A web site with a lot of information about this problem"
"A web site with a lot of speculation about this problem (take with an extra-large grain of salt)"

> Len Smiley, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA

Terveisin,

Antti Karttunen