A suggestion concerning the future of OEIS.

Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 1 15:30:51 CEST 2001

At 02:04 PM 8/1/2001 +0300, Antti Karttunen wrote:

>Aren't finite sequences "sequentiae-non-grata(e?)" in OEIS?

Maybe, but I think they're important.  At any rate their complement is
infinite, but in most cases it is more interesting to list the finite
sequence rather than its complement.

Take, for instance, A3173 - the class number problem.  It has nine terms:
1,2,3,7,11,19,43,67,163 and that is more interesting (and important) than
the complement: 4,5,6,8,9,10,12,...

|     Jud McCranie                                        |
| Programming Achieved with Structure, Clarity, And Logic |