Retrieving old messages

Olivier Gerard ogerard at ext.jussieu.fr
Thu Jun 28 20:53:59 CEST 2001

Dear Seqfan Members,

Apart from Jeff's question, I have received a few questions about
retrieving previous post.

The mailing list is archived and those archives can be downloaded
by mail. Here is how.

To have a list of current available files, send the command

INDEX seqfan

in a mail (you can even send a blank message with the command in the Subject line)

You will receive the list as a mail. Currently, there only monthly
compilation of posts.

Names are of the form   log.YYYYMM

To retrieve them, send the following command:

GET seqfan name_of_file

A mail will be sent back to you with the file, in digest format.
This is human-readable but in addition, it is in a format that can
be processed ('bursted') by many mailing software to get back a threaded
list of emails.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this process.

regards,

Olivier