Mobius aMUsements

Avi Peretz njk at netvision.net.il
Sat May 5 16:40:55 CEST 2001

Recently I contributed a comment about sequence A000203, which is sigma(n)
the sum of the divisors of n.
According to the reference of Lubotzky in sequence A000203:
A. Lubotzky, Counting subgroups of finite index, Proceedings of the
              St. Andrews/Galway 93 group theory meeting, Th. 2.1. LMS Lecture
Notes
              Series no. 212 Cambridge University Press 1995.

The number of sublattices of index n in Z^2 is sigma(n).

For a squarefree integer n:  phi+(N) =  sigma(n),  so which of these two is the
number of sublattices for general n ?

Regards,
Avi Peretz