what's new about powers ?

Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 2 03:14:58 CET 2001

At 01:55 AM 11/2/2001 +0200, Antti Karttunen wrote:

>Type a paragraph or two, or in this case, the specific multiplication
>algorithm from the book, to be included in the comments of A003313,

The algorithm varies depending on n.  The book discusses the factor method,
the power tree method, and the binary method.  For n < 100000 the power
tree method is optimal but for a few cases the factor method is best.

>if you have such secret source of wisdom we others lack.

It is in the reference, but there could be more in the seq database.

|     Jud McCranie                                        |
| Programming Achieved with Structure, Clarity, And Logic |