Away Sep 07 - 17

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Sep 5 14:47:09 CEST 2001

I will be away from email during that period.

Apologies for such a trivial message, but otherwise I've found
that people complain if the database isn't updated every few days.

As long as I'm sending this out, let me mention two recent unsolved
problems, both found in school books:  Apparently both of them say
"Find the next term in ..."

%I A063941
%S A063941 17663,25857,1008423
%N A063941 From a 9-th grade algebra book. Explanation unknown.
%D A063941 Mervine Edwards and Siegfried Haenisch, New Views in Algebra, 1: An Integrated Approach, Educational Design, Inc, 1999 (ISBN #0-87694-578-7); p. 9, #16.
%K A063941 nonn,unkn,new
%O A063941 0,1
%A A063941 Deborah Florez (deborahf at bcn.net), Sep 01 2001

%I A063914
%S A063914 2,3,5,5,8,7,11
%N A063914 A problem in a 5th grade workbook. Explanation unknown.
%D A063914 D. Dolan, J. Williamson, and M. Muri, Mathematics Activities for Elementary School Teachers: A Problem Solving Approach, Addison Wesley Longman, Inc., NY, Fourth Edition (ISBN 0-201-61321-2), Chapter 1, Activity 2, #9.
%K A063914 nonn,unkn,new
%O A063914 1,1
%A A063914 Nancy Shaffer (nancys at rose.net), Aug 30 2001

NJAS