easy, hard

Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 1 05:18:04 CEST 2002

At 07:14 PM 3/31/2002 -0800, David Wasserman wrote:
>Is there an understanding among OEIS users about how easy is 'easy' and
>how hard is 'hard'?  I would tend to consider a sequence 'easy' if the
>next term can be computed with a personal computer in less than an hour
>(possibly by making use of other sequences in the database).  I'm
>ambivalent about whether that should include programming time as well as
>running time.

My impression is that "easy" terms are easier than that.  Some times it is
as simple as looking them up in a reference.  The ones marked easy that
I've looked at are almost trivial.

|       Jud McCranie                                      |
| Programming Achieved with Structure, Clarity, And Logic |