ps

Neil Fernandez primeness at borve.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 12:26:40 CEST 2002

In message <3CB51909.9A3A2526 at nk.ca>, Don Reble <djr at nk.ca> writes
>>>3 5 211049 253679 41887255409
>>>
>>>so, please send in that sequence!
>
>>Done. Contributions by Rick, Don, and David acknowledged in the
>>submission. Also included your PARI prog Rick, properly attributed -
>>hope this is OK?
>
>       Oh, oh. After njas asked me to send in the first sequence,
>       I did all three of them, including that one. But I changed
>       the definitions slightly. And I failed to keep track of
>       contributors. I hope you're not entirely upset with me.
>
>       See A069175, A069176, and A069179.

Hi Don,

njas asked me too :-) Not upset, but probably best to add something to
record the contributors properly...

>A069179

...entered with

"4,6,211050,253680,41887255410,73768891456260"

Yikes, a sixth term! :-)

If the definition is changed so that each term relates to the least pair
that yields a chain of exactly length n, it can be conjectured that the
sequence is strictly increasing. My guess would be that that conjecture
is false. But a proof that it were true might say something of a lot of
interest about the primes...

Neil
--
Neil Fernandez