Transformations(was: parity of...)

Leroy Quet qqquet at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 1 00:14:36 CEST 2002

jeremy.gardiner at btinternet.com wrote:
>Of course parity is not the only way to categorise integer sequences
>but it is an important property.

>Perhaps other people have a view on this?

I have been wondering if in the not-too-distant future the Encyclopedia
will have some high-powered software which will compare inputted
sequences with a variety of transformations on sequences already in the
database (such as the terms of a sequence plus one, or the terms of two
sequences added, etc, etc, etc...).

The more transformations tried, of course, the slower any look-up will
be. But this could GREATLY increase the possibility of any sequence a
user of the Encyclopedia inputs being identified.

Thanks,
Leroy Quet