Taken, not stirred

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Wed Dec 11 19:23:46 CET 2002

You might be amused that the Fibonacci sequence made a cameo appearance
last night on the SciFi Channel's "Steven Spielberg Presents Taken"
mini-series (a well-produced junk-science UFO drama a la "X Files", "Close
Encounters" etc).

I wasn't quite following the random dialog, but it got my attention when
one of the characters scribbled 1 1 2 5 8 13 on a pad and held it up,
mentioning that each is the sum of the two previous.  Then there was
something about 55 (number of landing sites?) and finally they claim that
there were exactly 46368 alien abductees, exulting "24th Fibonacci!"