Sequences of Graphs...

Christian G. Bower bowerc at usa.net
Thu Dec 5 19:52:47 CET 2002

I remember an example where the formula for one graph sequence depended
on the 0 term of another graph sequence.

A038002 has generating function B(x) * (B(x) + 1) for B the g.f. of
A000107.

I specifically remember this one because at the time, A000107 did not
specify an a(0) term which would have made the formula for A038002
awkward. I felt adding such a term to be the best solution.

While I don't think this is an argument for adding such a term to every
graph sequence, it is an argument for not removing existing terms or at
least for being very careful when doing so.

Christian