three binomial(n,k) definitions

Henry Gould gould at math.wvu.edu
Sun Dec 15 03:03:17 CET 2002

Agreed absolutely. I do not question the definition

(*)    binomial(n,k) = n(n-1)...(n-k+1) / k!

for all complex  n  and integers  k  *  0.

It is only when you try to allow  k < 0 that we get into
problems. So don't get rattled that the visible world will
go dark. The binomial polynomial will be with us
till infimnity freezes over!

Seriatim,

Henry Gould