parity of integer sequences

jeremy.gardiner at btinternet.com jeremy.gardiner at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 31 11:36:36 CEST 2002

I was thinking about how to categorise integer sequences and I wonder how useful it would be if the on-line encyclopaedia were to contain a reference to the parity representation for each sequence?

Many of the entries would be all odd, all even or simply alternating parity but there are also many more interesting examples such as 1010010001 ... (A023531), however there is no easy way of data mining these without calculating parity for each sequence.

Of course parity is not the only way to categorise integer sequences but it is an important property.

Perhaps other people have a view on this?