Re email addresses in OEIS

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Nov 6 04:12:21 CET 2002

This has to do with the problem of putting people's email addresses
into the database where they can be found by spammers.

Thanks for all the excellent advice that people sent.

The following seems to be a good compromise.

1.  You don't have to do anything.
You can delete this message now.

2.  But if you don't want your email address to appear
in the database  then tell me and I will remove it,
or if you prefer I can disguise it by replacing "@" by "_AT_"
and "." by "_DOT_".

3. I think it is important that people can get
in touch with each other to discuss sequences.
That is why I prefer to give email addresses if possible.

So if you do ask to have your email address removed,
try to give me a link to your home page
- send me a line that looks like this:

%H A077001 John Smith, <a href="http://members.aol.org/~JSmth/">Home Page</a>

that I can add to each sequence. That way people will still be able to find
you.

4. When sending in a sequence or comment using the "Submit" web page,
if you don't want your email address to be used, say so
in one of the windows.
Again, if possible put the URL of your home page into one of the "links" windows.

Neil Sloane