email and s p a m blocking

Frank Ellermann Frank.Ellermann at t-online.de
Tue Nov 5 21:33:31 CET 2002

N. J. A. Sloane wrote:

> One possible solution would be to modify email addresses in
> an obvious way

If it's really obvious, then it would take me a few minutes
to decode it and sell it as "confirmed addresses of people
interested im math".  In fact somebody has already done this
or something similar, because there was an obscure "call for
papers" for a convent about statistics on Hawai in my mail :-(

> Does anyone have a better idea?

Not really better, but at least an idea:  Offer to use contact
URLs (mailto: or submitter's homepage) instead of addresses.

                 Bye, Frank