Lookup Modification #N

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Nov 7 05:35:02 CET 2002

Marc said:

>>Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:01:05 -0800
>>To: <seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr>
>>From: Marc LeBrun <mlb at well.com>
>>Subject: Re: Lookup Modification #N
>>
>>Sounds like most of what you want would pretty much automatically fall out
>>of having the entries stored in a conventional relational database.
>>
>>Instead of asking NJAS to extend the OEIS machinery, maybe someone should
>>download (and maintain!<;-) a copy of the data in a web accessible
>>commercial DB?

I don't think that's such a great idea!
If anyone is going to host the OEIS in a DB format it should be me.
If there are any database experts on the mailing list,
maybe they could get in touch with me and we could
discuss the possibility of converting the OEIS
(and all the lookup programs)?
I don't like the idea of anyone else hosting it!
Neil