Graphs with n edges

Dr. Arne Ring arne.ring at epost.de
Thu Oct 10 00:22:56 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm new to this list and hope for some interesting discussions.
Previously I have contributed some sequences about  the number of prime
factors on special numbers (such as n!+1).

Currently I'm working on special graphs, and I would like to mention the
following observation:

There are two lists in the data base, starting with
"1,1,1,3,5,12,30,79,227", the A046091 and A002905.
Both state that they list the number of graphs with n edges.

In my eyes, the A046091 is only an errorrness version of A002905.
The link G. Royle, Small graphs
<http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/%7Egordon/remote/graphs/index.html#nums>
"http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~gordon/remote/graphs/index.html#nums" in the
correct version A002905 shows a later work of
Brendan McKay (who was the author of  A046091).

Therefore I would propose to set the A046091 to "dead".

I think, that the usual "comments to sequences"  do not allow to submit
such rigorous proposel.
How should we proceed with this ?

Regards
arne ring