10=m^p-n^q?

Richard Guy rkg at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 8 00:47:44 CEST 2002

Now in B16, I find that Golomb conjectured
that 6 is not the difference of two powererful
numbers (probably not the first to do so)
and Narkiewicz replied with 6 = 5^4*7^3- 463^2
aand noted that there were infinitely many such
representations.  Presumably it's still open
whether there are two pure powers that will do
the trick.     R.