n-gon sequence

Jon Perry perry at globalnet.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 19:15:12 CEST 2002

With further research, I got 20 intersections from 3 triangles - I did say
it was without proof, as is my 20 being maximal.

(Create a Star of David, and connect 2 opposite vertices up. The number of
intersections here is 4).

I also got the sequence for maximal intersections of 2 n-gons wrong.

3 and 4 are 6,8, but I got 18 and 20 intersection from two (non-self
intersecting) 5- and 6- gons.

But again these are without proof, so the bound might rise again.

Jon Perry
perry at globalnet.co.uk
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths
BrainBench MVP for HTML and JavaScript