lookup

Eric W. Weisstein eww at wolfram.com
Thu Sep 19 18:19:41 CEST 2002

Dear Neil and seqfans,

I would find OEIS slightly more convenient to use, if instead of a set of
radio buttons for sequence, word, of A-#, it had three separate edit
fields, each with a "submit" button.  Then I could type my search into
the appropriate field and click once to submit.  Seems like a small thing,
but it would save me a fair bit of time over time, and also avoid me
forgetting to click the right radio button, which I admit to doing quite
frequently.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

Also, while I'm on the subject, I have two additional interface
suggestions/requests.

(1) make the edit field for entering a sequence 2-3 rows high so I can see
all my input

(2) allow (and strip) the backslash character \ in the edit field.  I use
Mathematica to generate most of my sequences, and it automatically
includes \'s as line continuation characters when copying long sequences.
I would find it very convenient if OEIS could allow but strip these.  At
the moment, when combined with the single-line input field, it can be
slightly painful to locate and remove them by hand before I can do a
lookup.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,
-Eric