lookup

Robert G. Wilson v rgwv at kspaint.com
Sat Sep 21 00:33:44 CEST 2002

Eric & all,

        Yes, I agree with the previous way to lookup sequences vs. today.

        (1) As Neil said, drop the first few entries, and input only the
next
halve a dozen, otherwise you might miss something. Also I have found
quit a number of duplicate sequences this way.

        (2) I, like you, use Mathematica, ver. 4.1.0.0, for most of my
sequences.
However, after putting the sequence into the submittal form and preview,
I then
copy this out of the Netscape browser and paste it into a high end ASCII
word
processor, in this case, Boxer (tm) Text Editor version 9.0.0 for
Windows 2000,
etc. Once I have my spacing, spelling, wording, grammar, etc. I then copy it
to Netscape Composer and check spelling one more time, thank you Wichita
Public School System for not teaching me phonetics, and sent it in to
Neil and
cc'ed to other persons who are involved with the sequence or other
interested
parties. This eliminates the problem about the '\' problem since the
Composer
wraps the message at about 75 characters. In Boxer I do not wrap and might
have as many as 300 characters in a single line.

        Oh, I see where you were going. Again use only about five to eight
terms.

Bob.