A000519

Jim Nastos nastos at cs.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 18 23:02:52 CEST 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Brendan McKay wrote:

> Anyone have an idea about what this is?  Strictly speaking,
> each row of a Latin square has the same sum.

  If I can divert from this question for a moment...
There are a few sequences numbering the equivalence classes of latin
squares for various definitions of equivalence... How come there is no
sequence for the number latin squares up to isomorphism, where an
isomorphism here is just any permutation of labels.
  There would be just 1 latin square of order 1.
  There would be just 1 latin square of order 2:

12	is isomorphic to	21
21				12

because they both have the form
	AB
	BA

  There would be just 2 latin squares of order 3:

ABC	ABC
CAB	BCA
BCA	CAB

  So is no sequence counting a type of latin square that has 1,1,2 for
index 1,2,3.
  If I'm not mistaken, don't distinct transversal designs map to distinct
latin squares (where the meaning "distinct latin squares" is in the sense
above.) The encyclopedia seems to have no data counting transversal
designs at all.

Jim Nastos