email addresses: @-sign needed

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Sat Apr 19 11:41:21 CEST 2003

* wouter meeussen <wouter.meeussen at pandora.be> [030419 19:26]:
> Brendan,
> in texts like Weinstein's Encyclopedia, formula's seem
> to look nice in any browser setting. Any tricks to borrow from there?

Hmmmm, the behaviour depends on the browser.

Consider http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BinaryBracketing.html

When I use the "zoom" feature in Netscape 7, the formulas remain
the same size regardless of the text size.  In Opera 6, the
formulas scale with the text.  What happens in I.E.?

Setting the font size in the preferences is more complex since the
effect depends on whether and how the web page specifies the font
and the size.

Brendan.