cumlative distribution sequence of sequences

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 05:07:09 CEST 2003

Hi fans,
It would be interesting to see a sequence of the number of sequences
submitted. assuming 5 is the
minimum, we would have, for example
5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,6,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,8,8,8,8,...100,100,101,
102,...500,501,502,,,,1000,1001 etc.

Perhaps this chart could be incorporated in the encyclopedia as a "look up
feature" or as an opening
graph on the page updated say weekly or monthly.

I am guessing the curve would be an "S" shaped cumulative distribution
function. Perhaps by counting
the occurrences with in categories would yield a  histogram not unlike the
gaussean
distribution function. Eg.,count of seq in  1-20,21-30,31-40,
...501-520...1001-1020,...should get
a bell curve? I am suspicious we would get a multiplicity of bell curves
within specified ranges. This
too would be interesting to "see" so to speak.

If so, does that mean sequence folks are normal people? :-)

Cino,

"Observation lends to analysis. Analysis lends to Law."