powers of Antisymmetric Signed binary Matrices

wouter meeussen wouter.meeussen at pandora.be
Mon Aug 25 23:42:53 CEST 2003

point(s) taken,

it's becoming:
"invertable (-1,0,1) nXn matrices having (Tij = -Tji ;i<j) such that all T^k (k= 1..12) are also
(-1,0,1) matrices"

and comment:
"the matrix powers T^k reach identity I for k a divisor of 12. All are both invertible (non-zero
determinant) (-1,0,1)-matrices and "pseudo-anti-symmetric" (that is Tij=-Tji except for the main
diagonal, or, equivalently, the sum of an anti-symmetric and a diagonal matrix)."

I guess the comment could be shorter, but the little bit extra is nice for the bibliographically
challenged like me. Beg pardon. ;-))

This feels definitely groupy but can't put my digit on it.
The magic "12" (was a cautious n^2) must point to rotations & reflections of the inherently square
soul of the matrix, no?

fumblingly yours,

W.

PS. keywords: should I call them "mult" ??