powers of Antisymmetric Signed binary Matrices

Ralf Stephan ralf at ark.in-berlin.de
Tue Aug 26 14:22:12 CEST 2003

>  > Edwin Clark
>  > ...with entries 0,1,or -1 ...
>  > BTW I'm not sure that "signed binary" is a well-known concept. I did,
>  > however, find reference to "signed bit" representation of integers.

1. > Knuth calls the number system with "trits" -1, 0, +1 "balanced ternary".

For completeness, you have, e.g.

2.
%C A001045 Number of positive integers requiring exactly n signed bits in the non-adjacent form representation.
%H A001045 W. Bosma, <a href="http://almira.math.u-bordeaux.fr/jtnb/2001-1/jtnb13-1.html#jourelec">Signed bits and fast exponentiation</a>

3.
%C A007302 Also the number of nonzero digits in the symmetric signed digit expansion of n with q=2 (i.e., the representation of n in the (-1,0,1)_2 number system).
%D A007302 C. Heuberger and H. Prodinger, On minimal expansions in redundant number systems: Algorithms and quantitative analysis, Computing 66(2001), 377-393.
http://www.wits.ac.za/helmut/abstract/abs_189.htm

ralf