Not expressible as x^3+-y^2

all at abouthugo.de all at abouthugo.de
Thu Aug 28 19:42:01 CEST 2003

Jack Brennen <jack at brennen.net> schrieb am 28.08.2003, 16:18:18:

> Hugo:
>
> At first I thought that your sequence consisted of those numbers
> which are in both A54504 & A81121, but those sequences allow for
> x==0 or y==0.

Thanks for the hint.
I checked my preliminary sequence against the tables given by
J. Gebel: Data on Mordell's curve
at http://diana.math.uni-sb.de/~simath/MORDELL/
With my definition I have to eliminate all x=0 and y=0 points.
So n=16,27,125,144 are those points, where the Mordell solution
is a pure square or cube, that cannot be expressed by another
combination (as e.g. 49, which can also be written as 65^3-524^2)

The terms given in my previous post agree with the Gebel list.

I'll submit it to Neil.

Hugo