Sequence Pictures

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 10 00:55:07 CET 2003

>I have had my interest resurrected in the following sequence recently.
>
>I would bet that it would look interesting represented as you have the
>other sequences, given its recursive definition (a definition which
>involves 2 as well).
>
>(Also, a closed-form definition is given below, unless I made a mistake
>in 'discovering' it.)
>
>If someone graphically represents the sequence described below, and you
>can post it to a website, please send me the link. I am curious now if it
>would LOOK interesting...
>(Send no attachments, please.)

Never mind.
I was actually able to do this by 'hand', by simply copy/pasting.
But the sequence increases so slowly that it would only be interesting if
the graph had a great number of terms represented, all terms much
compressed into a relatively small width (relative to the number of bits
in largest term).

Still the sequence seems a natural sequence to be represented this way,
given its recursive definition.

thanks,
Leroy Quet