Idea for OEIS

Frank Ellermann Frank.Ellermann at t-online.de
Sun Feb 23 02:37:06 CET 2003

Antti Karttunen wrote:

> I guess you mean links to A<this-1> and A<this+1> ?
> That would be especially useful, because many submitters
> forget to cross-link the sets of related sequences for which
> consecutive A-numbers have been reserved.

Here's a rather stupid workaround:  Lookup any sequnce, then
press "show internal format".  The URL you'll get will be...

http://www.research.att.com/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eisA2.cgi

...shown in your browser's location field.  Remove the "2" and
add "?Anum=3361" (maybe) for the next/previous sequence.  This
results in a URL like...

http://www.research.att.com/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eisA.cgi?Anum=3361

...and you can now simply replace 3361 by 3360 or 3362.  If you
want to start directly with a "modifiable" URL use a PURL like
http://purl.net/net/eisa/3361, this is automatically expanded
(i.e. redirected) to the "modifiable" URL.  Of course there are
always gaps in OEIS.
                     Bye, Frank