A056787

Jim Nastos nastos at cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Feb 15 02:09:39 CET 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Jon Perry wrote:

> 'Have you tried emailing the sequence author?'
>
> No, but it is listed as obscure.

  So? It doesn't mean that it needs you to mention that you would like to
see a definition. It provides a link (to
http://alpha.ujep.cz/~vicher/puzzle/polyforms.htm) which mentions this
"tree graphs with diagonals" and if maintained by Miroslav Vicher who has
an email address miroslav at vicher.cz who could probably provide a
definition (which I'm guessing is the number of "trees"
(acyclic/connected) formed by polyominoes while allowing diagonal
connections.
  I assume you were really curious about the definition, so try emailing
him. If you really weren't all that serious about wanting to know, then
this isn't the appropriate place for the comment. And if you are going to
give a report about a bunch of obscure sequences, you could write it all
up into one file and send that to the list instead of 10 emails. Also,
providing a cut-and-pasteof the obscure definition could be useful for the
mailing list, rather than to just mention the sequence number in your
subject line.

Jim Nastos