a/b + b/c + c/a = n

all at abouthugo.de all at abouthugo.de
Fri Jul 18 17:00:02 CEST 2003

The following was posted on sci.math:

[...]

Subject: Re: a/b+b/c+c/a=n
Author: Allan MacLeod <allan.macleod at paisley.ac.uk>
Date Posted: Jul 18 2003 8:26:40:000AM
The problem of the representation

N = a/b + b/c + c/a

with a,b,c integers ( not necessarily positive )
is discussed in the paper

TWO MORE REPRESENTATION PROBLEMS
by Andrew Bremner and Richard Guy
published in Proc. Edinburgh Math. Soc. vol 40 1997 pp 1-17.

N = 62 and N = 64 both have solutions but they are quite large.

Allan MacLeod