Another seq.fan idea (or 2)

Leroy Quet qqquet at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 11 23:38:29 CEST 2003

These just occurred to me, so I will email them before I forget.

1) Maybe there can be a special "input 2-d array" or "input
triangular/rectangular table" button, sending EIS users to an input-field
which allows 2-dimensional input, instead of the current 1-d-only input.
(This would simply be for ease-of-input mostly. But, in addition,
sometimes there is ambiguity as to whether a triangular table's rows are
to be read left->right or right->left. This input-option would work
either way.)
Also, perhaps an easier idea to execute, perhaps a 2-d OUTPUT would be
useful for showing 2-d arrays.

2) Perhaps the EIS might someday allow for the input of rationals. The
EIS would only have to do seperate searches for the numerator-sequence
and the denominator-sequence, then output both search-results (either as
two separate integer sequences or as one rational sequence).
(And, along with integer sequences stored as "numerator of..." or
"denominator of...", sometimes the EIS might find sequences previously
unknown to be the denominator or numerator of anything interesting.)
Perhaps an automatic Superseeker-like search can be done as well for
sequence-pairs that are both the numerator-sequence and
denominator-sequence multiplied by the same (non-zero) constant.

Thanks,
Leroy Quet