A100000

David Wilson davidwwilson at attbi.com
Mon Jun 23 17:14:58 CEST 2003

I remember there was a small amount of hullabaloo surrounding the creation
of the sequence A065536 = A2^16.  It turned out to be an unassuming sequence.

I think we should try to do better with A100000.  I am imagining some kind of
contest sponsored by the editors.  My thought was that the editors could maintain
a "prize sequence", the best new sequence submitted so far according to the
editors.  The prize sequence is held out of the database until a better new
sequence is submitted, which replaces it.  When A100000 rolls around, the
prize sequence is submitted as A100000.

Yeah, OK, it's more work.