artificial sequences deleted

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 05:49:09 CEST 2003

Hi Fans,
I have a suggestion on this. You should still allow the sequence to somehow
come up to avoid other
AI poster from sneaking them back in. Also strings of sequences such as sums
of 2 primes, 3 primes, etc
should break at 3 unless a higher value has some definably special interest.
I don't know how you will be able to block future submission with out manual
looking but maybe some kind  block list like in emal. Pleass forgive me if
this is already in the works.

>From: "N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>
>To: amarnath_murthy at yahoo.com, seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr
>CC: njas at research.att.com
>Subject: artificial sequences deleted
>Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Dear SeqFans,
>The following sequences are too artificial and will be
>removed from the OEIS:
>
>A084405-A084407
>A084412-A084417
>A084423-A084424
>A084427-A084432
>
>I mention this because some of them were marked
>"uned", and people may have been editing them.
>
>Please see the FAQ file for advice about the kinds
>of sequences that should be submitted.  Basically, only
>sequences that have arisen in your research.
>
>As I have said before, so many new sequences are arriving that
>I am including them in the OEIS "on probation", until I or one
>of the associate editors has a chance to evaluate them.
>
>All recent sequences are "on probation" until they
>have been studied by the editors.
>
>Suggestions for other sequences that should be
>deleted will be welcomed.
>
>NJAS

  3         3        3         3        3        6
2   +  13  +  33  +  43  =  49   =  7