[seqfan] Arc-Tangent Irreducible Rationals

pauldhanna at juno.com pauldhanna at juno.com
Fri Jun 6 20:20:36 CEST 2003

Thank you for your kind reply - very informative and interesting.

Do "geodetic angles" address the hyperbolic version of Stormer numbers ("hyperbolic Stormer numbers", say), such that the arctanh of these numbers form a basis for the space of arctanh of rationals > 1?

Thus, if h(x)=(x+1)/(x-1), then h(3)/h(2)=h(5),
so 5 is not a hyperbolic Stormer number.

If we permit 1 to be a hyperbolic Stormer number (though a singularity), the sequence would begin 1,2,3,...

If non-trivial, what is the rest of the sequence of 'hyperbolic Stormer numbers'?

To really stretch the generalization, we might consider
the 'ELLIPTIC Stormer numbers' with some modulus k.
But we may save that idea for a very rainy day.

Thank you once again,
     Paul